Analyst / Senior Analyst, Public Assets
Employment Type: Regular, full-time
Salary: Base salary plus variable pay component
Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, Public Assets the incumbent is the senior analyst resource for all public assets within the CMPA Portfolio, including external relationships (traditional and hedge funds) and internal strategies.
The Senior Analyst, Public Assets will be the primary relationship contact person on certain existing fund relationships for monitoring and reporting purposes. The incumbent will have a sound knowledge of manager oversight as it relates to external money managers.
Under the guidance of the Senior Portfolio Manager, Public Assets, the incumbent will work or assist on various projects and identification of new opportunities (both external and internal) for inclusion within the portfolio which may include general research, working with consultants, creating models, analysing performance and risk, conducting due diligence work on new or existing relationships, preparing reports and making recommendations.
- Assist in researching and formulating recommendations on various related topics such as manager selection, performance and risk, and asset allocation.
- Carry out oversight functions of assigned public asset mandates by liaising with managers.
- Analyse prospective managers and investment opportunities.
- Program internal solutions and conduct peer reviews of internal programs such as VBA macros and statistical modeling in R (or equivalent).
- Assist with some internal strategies or mandates such as the active currency hedging program and a tactical mandate.
- Maintain abreast of current market conditions and gather data on investment-related subjects through various literary and on-line sources, as well as through the network of peers/colleagues in the public asset industry.
- Four-year degree plus Master’s Degree, or professional designation equivalent to 2 or 3 additional years of education.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in the investment or portfolio management industry.
- CFA designation required.
- Excellent financial analytical skills and functional knowledge of computer-based analysis and modelling, and a sound understanding of various performance and risk measures.
- Experience with external manager oversight functions, including manager selection, monitoring and transitioning.
- Experience as an equity or fixed income analyst would be an asset.
- Experience with Bloomberg, VBA, R, SQL and advanced Excel skills would be an asset.
- A desire to maintain strong current knowledge of investment research, trends and directions.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to improve current practices or processes.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and good judgment.
- Any of the following: MBA, FRM, CAIA, CMT would be considered assets.
*Please note: Candidates with less relevant experience and qualifications may be considered for an Analyst, Public Assets opportunity.
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to two on-site fitness centres. Please forward your resume quoting posting #13-024W to: email@example.com