2015 CMPA Information Session
Halifax, Nova Scotia
August 26, 2015
The CMPA's information session involved a group of highly-qualified panelists who provided insight on the significant and highly relevant topic of End-of-life care: Medical legal issues. *CME credits were provided for this event.
View the webcast from the information session.
A CMPA paper entitled "End-of-Life Care: Medical-legal issues" [PDF] was also released.
The moderator and panelists, as outlined below, provided insight into this subject. View the slide presentation on end-of-life care [PDF].
- Mr. André Picard, Health reporter and columnist, The Globe and Mail
- Mr. Domenic Crolla, Gowling Lafleur Henderson, CMPA General Counsel
- Dr. James Downar, Palliative care physician and intensivist, University Health Network
- Dr. Douglas Grant, Registrar, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Mr. Eric van Wijlick, Senior policy advisor, Royal Dutch Medical Association
Review the moderator and panelist biographies [PDF].
*This event was an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CMPA for up to 1.5 MOC credits.This program was accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Nova Scotia Chapter for up to 1.5 Mainpro-M1 credits.