2018 CMPA Annual Meeting
In accordance with its By-law, the CMPA holds an annual meeting, normally in conjunction with the Canadian Medical Association's annual meeting, making it possible for members to attend both events. Attendance at the CMPA Annual Meeting is generally restricted to members and invited guests.
During the annual meeting, a review of the previous year's performance and the audited financial statements are presented; the results of the council election and the aggregate fee requirement for the forthcoming year are announced; any proposed changes to the CMPA's By-law are discussed and ratified; and questions or concerns from members regarding the Association's business are addressed.
The meeting is followed by an information session on a policy matter or topic of interest to physicians and stakeholders.
2018 CMPA Annual Meeting and Information Session
August 22, 2018
View the webcast from the business meeting.
The following materials were presented during the business meeting:
Topic: Healthier physicians: An investment in safe medical care
View the webcast from the information session.
During the 2018 CMPA Information Session, our expert panel provided insight on physician wellness which addressed:
- Physician burnout and the increased costs to the healthcare system.
- How the best results for improving physician wellness address the work environment (i.e. the “canary in the coalmine”).
- The need for a collective response and investment in system-wide change
*CME credits were provided for this event.
The CMPA backgrounder entitled “Healthier physicians: An investment in safe medical care [PDF]” was released.
- Dr. Pamela Eisener-Parsche, Director, Physician Consulting Services, CMPA
- Dr. Carol-anne Moulton, Associate Professor, University of Toronto, and Staff Surgeon, Division of General Surgery, University Health Network
- Dr. Scott McLeod, Registrar, College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- Dr. Hartley Stern, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, CMPA
View the speaker biographies [PDF]