The CMPA does not edit or make changes to photos or to information provided by candidates in the submission form or candidate statement. Candidates are responsible for the spelling and accuracy of the information provided in writing and for their photo composition, format, and resolution.
This election is the right time to put my experience and skills at work for you.
The CMPA’s strategic plan is ready for renewal in 2022. This allows council to continue progressive re-evaluation and rejuvenation for the next four years. I believe I will add value and energy for improvement and change.
Here are my three main points of interest and experience:
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
• I completed a MSc in Quality Improvement & Patient Safety, as well as Patient Safety Officer training from the University of Toronto and the Canadian Patient Safety Institute, respectively. These efforts ensure that I have the best training possible to effect well-reasoned actions to improve and advocate for patient safety and patient safety research.
I have over a decade of patient safety work.
• With many years of family medicine and lived experience, I applied my seasoned background and leadership training (a Master’s Certificate in Leadership) as a delegate on our provincial medical association.
• I have led a national advocacy organization—The Federation of Medical Women of Canada.
• I Co-Chair a provincial committee—OMA Women
• I bring experience in advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion
• I am a woman who understands (through training and experience) health systems, health inequities, and ally-ship.
• I formally mentor young women and informally mentor men and women. In return, I continue to learn.
Communication and Governance
• Understanding that influencing change requires great communication skills, listening to understand, and engaging with those affected by proposed change—I have completed programs on Crucial Conversations©, good governance, effective communication, effective team-based leadership, and many more.
• The above skills have permitted me to make significant and positive contributions to collaborative, team-based successes and better governance on many of the committees and organizations with which I am involved.
I am committed to making positive change. I am ready to work for you as part of CMPA Council. I pledge to bring all my accumulated skills, talents, and enthusiasm to further this vision:
• Protecting our professional integrity,
• Providing stewardship, guidance and care for the appropriate use of financial and other resources,
• Promoting safe medical care.
I call on our membership to VOTE and ensure the CMPA remain an essential and progressive component of the our healthcare system.
Halton Healthcare Services
Medical Staff, Covid Assessment Clinic
Department of Family Medicine
Past Lead, Surgical Assisting Service
University of Toronto
Department of Family Medicine, Lecturer (Adjunct)
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
EWAAB-Encouraging Women Across All Borders - Mentorship program for female college students
Black North Initiative (BMI)
Health Arm--Physician Advisor
Black Physician's Association of Ontario
Ontario Medical Association
Civility, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Delegate and Executive Member: Section on General and Family Practice, Committee
Co-chair, OMA WOMEN Committee
Member Services Committee, Member
Canadian College of Family Practitioners
Evaluator, Fellowship designation
National Surgical Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Working Group
Halton Healthcare Services, Member
Canadian Patient Safety Institute
Patient Safety Officer
Federation of Medical Women of Canada
Immediate Past-President, Past Chair of Scientific Assembly Committee
Canadian Society of Physician Leaders
Halton Healthcare Services
Surgical Quality Care Committee Member
Secretary Treasurer, Professional Staff Association
Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
Official Ontario Delegate to CMA General meeting
Canadian Medical Association — Specialist Forum - Federation of Medical Women of Canada
Canadian Medical Association—Committee on Medical Education and Professional Development
Representative from the Federation of Medical Women of Canada