Administrative Assistant, Regional Affairs and Privacy Office
Regular, full-time position with benefits and pension
Reporting to the Director, Regional Affairs and Privacy Officer, the Administrative Assistant, Regional Affairs and Privacy Office is a member of a dedicated team that provides integrated support services to the Regional Affairs and Privacy Office and to the broader external relationship management function. As required, the position may be called upon to support governance functions including providing administrative assistance to the CMPA President, Council or its committees.
The successful bilingual candidate will provide executive administrative support and confidential administrative services to the Director, Regional Affairs and Privacy Office, as well as supporting selected governance committees of the CMPA Council and internal management activities.
Responsibilities include preparing draft documentation, development of presentation materials, making travel arrangements, French and English transcription, preparing minutes, coordinating agendas, interacting with stakeholder organizations, organizing meetings, corporate filing of relevant materials, budget monitoring and tracking and other duties as required. The Administrative Assistant, Regional Affairs and Privacy Office will be expected to develop a sound understanding of the CMPA’s external relationships and of its privacy policies and their application.
- Completion of a 2-year certificate program at College or CÉGEP in executive office administration or equivalent
- Intermediate expertise in MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism (advanced oral and written) is mandatory
- 4 to 6 years of related experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience providing support to senior-level managers
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and tactfully with all levels of staff (Council members; stakeholders; all levels of staff)
- Exceptional proof-reading skills; attention to detail is essential
- Ability to accurately take and transcribe minutes at meetings in French and English
- Demonstrated ability to draft routine correspondence and to assist in the preparation of working papers and other documents
- Privacy legislation training and/or privacy office coordination and administration is an asset
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
Please forward your resume quoting posting #17-066 by Wednesday, October 25, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org