Bilingual Human Resources Advisor
2-year Term position
Level 8 (min $66,576; mid $79,891; control point $86,549)
The Human Resources Advisor works in close collaboration with the Human Resources Business Partner to deliver HR services to assigned CMPA business areas in support of the Association’s Strategic Plan and People Strategy. The HR Advisor provides advice and guidance to management and staff in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, performance management, job design, policy interpretation, salary administration, and leave administration. The Advisor also coordinates the delivery of assigned cyclical programs, which may include programs such as co-op and student recruitment, employee onboarding, employee recognition, and workplace violence and harassment prevention and accessibility training. Additionally, the HR Advisor participates in projects and initiatives in support of the Association’s People Strategy, and provides back up to other HR team members as required.
The HR Advisor spends an estimated 60% of their time on recruitment, 25% on employee relations and other generalist-type HR support to management, and 15% on HR program coordination and project work.
- Above all, passion for the work and the belief that people are at the heart of an organization
- A university degree ideally in Business or Human Resources coupled with 4 years of relevant work experience, including recruitment and employee relations (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, including strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong client focus and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and nurture positive working relationships
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to:
- collaborate and work as an effective team player
- remain highly organized while attending to multiple priorities and deadlines with strong attention to detail
- take initiative and use sound judgement
- remain professional and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy
- communicate tactfully, effectively and professionally with internal and external parties
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, HRMS and talent acquisition software
- Knowledge and understanding of Ontario employment law and regulations, and industry trends related to human resources
- Completion of a CHRP/CHRL designation is an asset
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to two on-site fitness centres. Please forward your résumé quoting posting #17-072 to email@example.com.