Business Intelligence Solutions Analyst
min $77,605; mid $93,126; control point $100,887
The Business Intelligence Solutions Analyst plays a key role in helping the Association realize its strategic and tactical goals. This is accomplished through a focus on data quality and the effective usage of data warehouse and data marts and reporting functionality.
Led by the Manager, Data and Business Intelligence, the BI Solutions Analyst collaborates with other members of the Business Strategy and Analytics teams to support the achievement of corporate priorities and plans, and also works effectively independently to gather and define internal client requirements and build end user reports.
The incumbent also works closely with Database Administrators on the logical and physical model, and the Data Acquisition (ETL) Analyst for source models. The BI Solutions Analyst will support the Data Acquisition (ETL) Analyst as back-up when required.
- Work with business representatives to develop Business Intelligence (BI) solutions in line with corporate and/or operational needs.
- Consult with stakeholders/users and Functional Support Analysts to gather, document, and scope business needs and requirements for new, or enhancements to, the data warehouse or data marts.
- Work with internal clients to analyze the need for BI tools and applications, evaluate information delivery approaches, and identify opportunities for the creation of information delivery.
- Develop detailed functional specifications in support of BI requirements, and work with others on the team to ensure that the clients’ requirements are met through the design.
- Work with business representatives to develop test strategies, plans and proposed service levels.
- Train and coach end-users on creating their own reports and using reporting tools such as Cognos.
- Assist in system monitoring and capacity management activities on all BI platforms including system utilization.
- Promote and encourage data quality initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Business Strategy and Analytics team to achieve objectives.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a specialized field (B.Comm or B.Sc)
- 7 – 9 years of development experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience developing BI reports utilizing Cognos toolsets, preferably Reportnet, Cognos 10 and 11, or similar BI tools (Tableau, PowerPlay, Metrics Studio, or Business Objects)
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional or other similar designation would be considered an asset
- Excellent client relationship skills with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal clients to identify needs, develop technical specifications and to investigate solutions
- Ability to lead projects involving the development of new data marts
- Excellent written/documentation, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong SQL coding skills are essential
- Strong understanding of business processes (Finance, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Risk Management, Corporate Performance Measurement) is highly desirable
- Experience developing and delivering successful Business Intelligence solutions that include relational databases is essential. Solutions which include relational databases, Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tools, reporting, analytics, data mining and ERP applications is highly desirable
- The following are considered assets for this position:
- Experience writing data definitions and maintaining metadatao Experience working in a financial reporting environment
- Experience writing training guides and materials
- Knowledge of Informatica or other ETL tools in a data warehouse environment
- Previous experience in business analyst roles
- Previous experience in performance management
- Experience with Balanced Scorecard methodologies
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé by 4:00pm on Friday August 19, 2017 quoting posting #17-050 to email@example.com.