Case Management Clerk (6 Month-Term Position)
CONTRIBUTING TO THE CMPA
Physician Consulting Services’ core function is to provide members with general medical-legal advice, and assistance in responding to College and hospital matters and legal actions arising from their medical professional work.
The Case Management Clerk provides clerical support to all Physician Consulting Services department staff, including the Director, Manager, Supervisors, Senior Physician Advisors, Physician Advisors, Medico-Legal Assistants (MLAs), Legal Case Administrators (LCAs), as well as staff from other departments, to enhance overall service delivery to the CMPA’s members. This support includes various forms of clerical and administrative activities such as scanning and tagging of files and the timely distribution of medical health records.
- Tag medico-legal documents in electronic file management system
- Identify file location in response to requests initiated by a call, mail, fax, legal correspondence or request from other departments.
- Assemble, pack and label boxes. Enter box number and retention date in File Trail. Keep records of all files and boxes going off-site.
- Order files from off-site storage when necessary. Update File Tracker with file location upon sending or receiving file.
- Access designated electronic inbox for incoming faxes, mail and webmail attachments from various sources, including members, General Counsel, provincial counsel, etc.
- Scanning, tagging, combining or splitting documents.
- Work and cooperate with various staff members (at all levels) of PCS and other departments.
- Identify changes in processes and recommend changes to Supervisor or other staff members to improve overall efficiency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or certificate program (1 year)
- 1-3 years experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer experience with MS Office Suite (including Excel) and Internet browser applications
- Bilingualism (French and English) oral and written is an asset
- Speed and accuracy with an attention to detail
- Reliability and flexibility
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are invited to apply with cover letter and résumé by 4:00pm on Friday, March 30th, 2018 quoting posting #18-027 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- This position will be advertised externally in conjunction with this internal posting.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Salary Range : Level 4 (min $34,783; mid $41,740; control point $45,218)
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.