Corporate Services Clerk
Regular, Full time
Level 4 (minimum $34,783; mid-point $41,740)
The Corporate Services Clerk is a customer service focused role responsible for supporting both the facilities and events teams at the Canadian Medical Protective Association. This position also provides support within the Corporate Services team including assisting the Mail Services Clerk and Facilities Assistant positions.
- Assists in workstation reconfiguration, moves and construction projects.
- Maintains and stocks meeting rooms and kitchens (contacts property management, catering staff, vending machine company to rectify issues).
- Maintains physical inventory and list of keys for CMPA furniture.
- Responds to requests from staff (e.g., uses master key to open offices, provides spare keys, extension bars, etc.).
- Installs small accessories (i.e. whiteboards, load bars) and moves small items of furniture.
- Assists with implementation of operational plan for individual events including room set up and tear down, create event stationary (e.g. name badges, tent cards, participant lists, event signs, Continuing Medical Education (CME) letters, evaluations).
- Assists with the setup, operation and tear down of A/V equipment for events at DLC Conference Centre and Tower 1 meeting rooms.
- Responds to requests for A/V assistance as well as responds to presentation assistance requests.
- Provides back-up and assistance to Mail Services Clerk including receiving, opening and distributing mail
- Provides back-up and assistance to Facilities Assistant during absences including auctioning various building requests and issuing ID badges
- Provides ad hoc back-up and assistance to Reception during breaks and other absences
- High school diploma
- A minimum of two years of previous experience in a related role
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English and verbal French is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Proficient in various office applications including MS Outlook, MS Office Suite, and Internet browsers
- Familiar with basic audio visual (AV) equipment connections and trouble shooting
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé by 4:00pm on Monday July 24, 2017 quoting posting #17-044 to email@example.com.