Director, Practice Management
Regular Full Time
August 29, 2017
Commensurate with experience
Saegis is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) whose mission is to protect the professional integrity of physicians and promote safe medical care in Canada.
The CMPA family of organizations offers a continuum of services, resources and solutions to Canadian physicians as well as institutions and other healthcare professionals. While the CMPA continues to deliver the same medical legal and risk reduction services that members’ value, Saegis complements existing CMPA offerings by providing new and extended services that meet the changing needs of Canadian physicians and other customers in the healthcare sector.
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and generally reporting through the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Practice Management is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the delivery of solutions to team-based healthcare clinics and practices outside of hospitals. These services will provide assistance to practices to reduce risk, improve quality and ensure management and administrative processes are as efficient and effective as possible. They may also include providing customers with cost-effective access to specialty indemnification products to address certain practice-specific liabilities.
The incumbent directs the development and delivery of solutions that meet identified customer needs and that are aligned with the strategic direction of the parent company. This will involve understanding the healthcare delivery market needs, identifying opportunities, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with suitable external service providers who will assist in developing and delivering services. An emphasis on ensuring high quality service delivery will be critical. Supported by staff, the Director will be accountable for the acquisition of new customers for the offerings.
Given the nature of this role, the Director must form productive and sustainable relationships with a range of potential customers and key stakeholders, including those within the parent company, external service providers and relevant industry organizations, to ensure offerings meet identified needs and have the desired impacts on the practice.
- Leads the identification of opportunities to assist team-based clinics and practices in reducing risk and streamlining their practice management processes.
- Leads the development of practice management product and service requirements and the offerings themselves ensuring the needs of physicians, healthcare professionals and administrative staff within practices are considered.
- Works closely with parent company to ensure clear alignment of service offerings.
- Identifies suitable partners within relevant markets that could meet the identified customer needs. Negotiates appropriate contractual arrangements with selected providers.
- Identifies potential customer targets for identified products and services.
- Oversees the delivery of products and services to customers and is accountable for the quality of the offerings.
- Provides leadership, coordination and direction to staff to ensure the provision of high-quality services
- Responsible for the management, development and retention of staff.
- Consults with the CEO and COO to explore new initiatives, programs and improvements at the department level.
- Works with the CEO, COO and other staff to develop and implement long and short-term plans and budgets for the practice management line of business that are aligned with overall corporate objectives.
- Identifies and assesses risks to achieving the operational plan and budget. Develops and implements plans to mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Oversees and coordinates the development of integrated performance metrics for the practice management line of business including those that measure customers’ satisfaction with the quality of service and efficiency of service delivery.
- Provides information and reports to senior management on results and performance, as well as on issues or initiatives of corporate importance.
- Manages practice management spending within the established budget.
- Builds strategic relationships with key customer groups and potential partners in delivering services.
- Clinical background within a healthcare team based setting is strongly preferred (e.g. physician, nurse, etc.).
- Education in one of the following specialties:
- Degree in medicine, or
- 4 year Bachelor in Nursing Science (or equivalent combination of Diploma and work experience, or
- University degree, preferably in Business
- At least 8 years management / leadership level experience within a healthcare team-based setting is a requirement
- Strong understanding of team-based practice administrative and business needs and risk areas
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Expertise in managing operational plans, budgets and performance
- Self-starter with a proven track record of delivering results
- Experience working with senior decision makers, staff, and a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in coaching and mentoring individuals and teams to meet their full potential
- Ability to have a “big picture” perspective, exercise sound judgment and make difficult decisions
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial organization is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: Saegis, a member of the CMPA family, is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. Saegis and the CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé by 4:00pm on Friday September 29, 2017 quoting posting #17-053 to email@example.com.
For more information on Saegis, visit www.saegis.solutions