Manager, Portfolio Accounting & Reporting
13-Month Term; starting June 2018
Level 11 $100,313 to $140,438 (with a control point of $130,407)
The Finance department supports the CMPA’s mission and goals by safeguarding the Association’s assets through accurate and timely recording and stewardship of financial transactions. The Portfolio Accounting and Reporting team acts as the back office for the internal Investment department and is responsible for recording and valuing the CMPA’s investment transactions.
The Manager, Portfolio Accounting & Reporting is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of all investments related “back office” duties leading a small team of Financial & Business Analysts. This includes ownership of all accounting functions for public and private investments, reconciliations between money managers, the custodian and internal reporting solutions, reconciliations to the corporate accounting solution, and all financial reporting packages (monthly, quarterly, annually, private and public.). The incumbent is responsible for all preparatory work in support of the annual external audit of the Investment assets and transactions, and will be the Investment Department’s key contact with the Financial Planning and Reporting team and the external auditors in this regard.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the entire portfolio data included in the performance section of the quarterly Investment Committee binder.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the team including setting performance objectives, providing guidance, mentoring, supporting development and preparing and delivering performance appraisals.
- Monitor the progress of the CMPA’s financial results as they pertain to Investments; support the Director, Finance in reporting results.
- Collaborate with the Investment team for continuous improvement in identifying, building, testing and implementing reporting solutions
- Manage the audit process by ensuring effective coordination of administrative procedures and information exchange to key stakeholders.
- Actively participate and contribute in department, management and committee meetings and follow-up
- 4-year degree in a related field plus a CPA Designation is required
- 10 years’ working experience within the financial services industry including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management position
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, taxation issues, internal controls and reporting systems
- Experience working with custody service providers and external auditors
- Ability to comprehend complex investment strategies, and provide input as to how they can be appropriately recorded and reported
- Ability to provide direction, advice, coaching and feedback to team members, peers and senior leadership
- Ability to foster an engaged, collaborative team of professionals
- Well-developed presentation skills (preparation and delivery) to various audiences including senior management and external stakeholders
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
Interested applicants are invited to apply with cover letter and résumé by 4:00pm on Wednesday March 14, 2018 quoting posting #18-023 to email@example.com