Manager, Data and Business Intelligence
Regular, Full time
Level 11 (minimum $100,313; mid-point $120,375)
Reporting to the Director, Business Strategy and Analytics, the Manager, Data and Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for the overall management of the Association’s data and BI program. This includes contributing to the overall vision and long-term plan for data management and business intelligence, overseeing the development and use of data and data systems, and the delivery of corporate and operational BI solutions.
This role supports the achievement of both strategic and operational goals by working with members of senior management and management throughout various departments in the Association to identify key data required for decision making and then ensuring the effective usage of data, data warehouses/data marts and reporting functionality to deliver on these requirements.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Leveraging the knowledge of the Data and BI team, through mentoring, coaching, opportunities for challenging work and ongoing career growth.
- Leading and planning a robust and sustainable data and BI architecture to support corporate and operational data and information requirements.
- Managing simultaneous projects and coordinating work with other business and technical groups.
- Leading the Data and BI team in development and ongoing enhancements to both data collection and data systems management to support corporate decision-making and to support a full portfolio of corporate metrics.
- Promoting and encouraging effective corporate data management including identifying opportunities to improve consistency in reporting and analysis, supporting data quality initiatives and identifying data requirements for sound business intelligence reporting.
- Working with internal clients to analyze the need for data and BI tools and applications and identifies opportunities for the creation of information delivery.
- Overseeing the coordination of the implementation of fixes and enhancements to data warehouse or data marts within the team.
- Post-secondary education in a specialized field.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) or Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) or Certified Data Professional (CDP) designation, or equivalent is required.
- 10 years of relevant and progressive experience in the data and business intelligence area, including fully grasping the complexity of data management, and developing and delivering successful solutions that include relational databases and developing BI reports using Cognos, Tableau or similar BI toolsets.
- Preferably five years’ experience at the managerial level in the data and/or BI area.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with leading corporate data management initiatives and the development of technical specifications, and managing and providing technical guidance to other data and business intelligence professionals is essential.
- Technical skills including SQL coding and “power user” competency with BI online analytical processing and reporting tools and applications are essential.
- Knowledge of Informatica or other Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools in a data warehouse environment is an asset.
- Solid understanding of key business processes (finance, customer relationship management, etc.) and concepts (corporate performance measurement, enterprise risk management, etc.).
- Experience with integrating and using data from multiple business applications an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to foster a positive, collaborative team environment.
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé by 4:00pm on Thursday September 21, 2017 quoting posting #17-057 to firstname.lastname@example.org.