Member Services Representative
Term Full-Time (approximately 12 months) with benefits
Level 6 (min: $46,371; mid: $55,645)
The CMPA offers rewarding job opportunities within a well established, highly respected organization dedicated to Canadian physicians. The CMPA’s Membership and Contact Centre Services team is an award-winning department (Ottawa Regional Contact Centre of the Year and ICMI’s Global Award for Quality) with an overall job satisfaction rate of 85% as measured by the 2015 CMPA TalentMap employee survey. The current hours of operation of the Membership and Contact Centre Services department are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Member Service Representatives provide superior customer service assistance via telephone or correspondence to members and other external parties. Reporting to the Supervisor, Contact Centre, the Member Services Representative provides assistance, information, and processes changes that have emphasis both on the quality of interaction and first contact resolution. The majority of interactions focus on: membership; requests for medical-legal advice or assistance; requests for products, statistics, and studies; media inquiries, and general requests.
The Member Services Representative also performs a variety of departmental tasks, as required. In addition to the general MSR responsibilities, some MSR positions provide first level IT support and/or provide administrative support and assistance to the Reimbursement and Licensure programs.
- Receives requests for membership, creates file in PeopleSoft, and sends application form; updates and closes case and/or escalates to Membership Services if individual request requires additional research.
- Answers questions and provides information on membership information, guidelines and policies.
- Enters and maintains member notes in database.
- Responds to and clarifies billing inquiries by ensuring that membership fees are accurate (i.e. payments received and annual statements).
- Supports and guides members to obtain and document preliminary assessment of medical-legal situation in order to determine escalation path.
- Creates, retrieves and updates members and cases in database based on member requests and inquiries; updates case with summary of pertinent information, resolution and action taken.
- Remains current on all CMPA policies and guidelines in order to provide superior service to members.
- Provide administrative support to membership related services (e.g., reimbursement, licensure exchange of membership data programs)
- Participates in special projects as required (e.g., participates in developing procedures or reference manuals, participating in special events).
- Two-year certificate program at College or CÉGEP
- Two years of contact centre/customer service experience, plus 2-4 years of customer experience or information technology support role (for ITS Help Desk incumbents)
- Fluently bilingual with superior verbal and written skills, with the ability to translate French conversation to an English text summary
- Excellent spelling, grammar and writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Superior organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong keyboarding skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in a high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities (e.g., simultaneous telephone support while retrieving and performing data entry)
- Superior judgment, including the ability to prioritize own work and the work of others
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of medical-legal and/or legal terminology
- Telephone etiquette and verbal communication workshop/courses
- Customer Service Representative Certification
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to 2 on-site fitness centres. Please forward your résumé by 4:00pm on July 10, 2017 quoting posting #17-043 to firstname.lastname@example.org.