Combination of permanent and/or 12-month Term positions with benefits and possibility of permanency available
Level 6 (min: $46,371; mid: $55,645; control point: $60,282)
Starting range ($46,371 to $50,000 based on qualifications and experience)
The Membership Administrator provides customer service to the CMPA’s members and business partners in a knowledgeable and professional manner via phone, written correspondence and computer interactions. Reporting to the supervisor, membership services, the membership administrator provides high quality customer service in one or more of the following areas: membership standards and procedures, multifaceted membership requests, registration, provincial reimbursement and licensure programs, third party requests, and service improvement initiatives. The membership administrator also performs a variety of other departmental tasks as required.
The CMPA’s Membership and Contact Centre Services (MCCS) team is an award-winning department (Ottawa Regional Contact Centre of the Year and ICMI’s Global Award for Quality) with an overall job satisfaction rate of 85% as measured by the 2015 CMPA employee engagement survey. The current hours of operation of the Membership and Contact Centre Services department are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Receive transferred calls from the Contract Centre, Finance, and Physician Consulting Services departments.
- Access, process, and respond to member and external stakeholder requests (via mail, email, phone, fax, and work lists).
- Forward and/or escalate cases, and follow up as required. Maintain contact with applicable parties until an open case is closed.
- Receive physician application or reactivation form by mail, email, or fax and determine appropriate course of action.
- Confirm membership with licensing authorities, hospitals, clinics, and universities. Inform third parties of CMPA’s business rules.
- Liaise with Finance department to investigate problems with the member’s account of special payment requests.
- Maintain, update, follow-up, redirect, and close case in PeopleSoft.
- Keep abreast of provincial and CMPA standards and procedures.
- Document all necessary changes in PeopleSoft: input new data; update and correct information. Prepare and send confirmation to member.
- Participate in special projects related to Operational Plan.
- Perform a variety of other departmental tasks as assigned.
- Two-year college or CEGEP diploma or certificate in business administration, customer service or a related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant customer service work experience in a similar environment
- Bilingualism (French and English) oral and written is mandatory
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and to interface with other departments
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and apply policy, including exceptions
- Intermediate level computer experience with MS Office Suite and Internet browser applications
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to 2 on-site fitness centres. Please forward your résumé by 4:00pm on August 7, 2017, quoting posting #17-049 to email@example.com.