Production Support Student
4-Month Summer Student Position
$15.50 per hour
The Production Support Assistant works with the Multimedia Specialist and the Educational Production team in supporting both the creative and technical aspects of educational asset production – in all phases of production development cycle.
The student will have the opportunity to contribute creatively and to use state of the art equipment in the production of audio visual support materials for use in the CMPA Education program.
Expected work for the summer of 2018 work term includes:
- Under the guidance of the Multimedia Specialist the student will assist in the creation and production of a variety of video and audio projects, including:
- Script review and analysis
- Pre-production planning
- Animated show intro and bumpers
- Stand-alone audio production
- Still photography
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Multimedia Specialist or Manager, Education Programs, including:
- Development of instructional aides
- Review of educational storyboards
- Supporting eLearning product development
The CMPA’s education production team prides itself on delivering exceptional quality products to our members and the student is expected to embrace and maintain these high standards.
- Working towards a film, video, broadcast or multimedia diploma or degree (Minimum 2 year college program) – preferred 2nd/3rd year student
- Some production experience required through school, personal or commercial projects
- The successful candidate will demonstrate both creative and technical production skills
- Experience using Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools, as well as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Captivate in a PC environment is preferred
- A capacity for quickly learning and understanding new software tools is an asset
- The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work independently as required
- Deliver finished quality work on time
- Integrate, work and collaborate well in a dynamic team environment that may include subject matter experts, the multimedia specialist, outside contractors, actors and CMPA staff in the production process
- Work within the constraints of an established look and feel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills along with initiative and good judgement
- Demonstrate strong time-management skills
- Superior written English. Working knowledge of French is an asset.
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- A sample portfolio is also required – either available online or during the interview.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
For more information on this position, please contact Tunde Gondocz at ext. 451. Interested and qualified individuals are invited to submit an updated resume in confidence to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 23, 2018.