Senior Health Policy Analyst
Level 09 (min $77,605; mid $93,126; control point $100,887)
Reporting to the Manager, System Safety Initiatives (SSI), the Senior Health Policy Analyst provides reports, advice, and viewpoints on important healthcare industry issues, problems, and opportunities to improve the safety of clinical care for patients across Canada. The Analyst will inform decisions that affect CMPA Safe Medical Care (SMC) strategies, directions, engagements, actions, and budgets. The Analyst will also provide insight and support to SMC stakeholder activities.
Working collaboratively with both the Safety Programs Management (SPM) team and the Evidence Synthesis Unit (a research unit), of the Safe Medical Care group, the Senior Health Policy Analyst is responsible for conducting environmental scanning and incorporating knowledge of the Canadian healthcare landscape and data into the development of comprehensive backgrounders, briefs, departmental reports, manuscripts for publication, and presentations.
- Conducts regular monitoring and analysis of the external environment to identify issues and opportunities for the SMC Group
- Provides viewpoints, reports and advice to inform decisions that affect strategies, directions, actions and budget affecting decisions
- Provides support to the Evidence Synthesis Unit by incorporating environmental scanning in the development of backgrounders, briefs, departmental reports and presentations
- Analyses and reports on the stakeholder environment to various CMPA management and governance groups, including identifying objectives of stakeholders and areas of mutual interest and/or conflict
- Acts as an effective communication bridge between departments on external stakeholder information
- Assesses the impact of initiatives impacting patient safety and how clinical practice guidelines are being incorporated into clinical practice
- Four-year degree plus Master’s Degree, or professional designation equivalent to 2 or 3 additional years of education
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a policy role
- Strategic thinker, with strong research methods, to identify key stakeholders and to analyse external factors
- Exercises excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, with the ability to use strong writing/communication skills to present complex issues in an understandable manner
- Strong ability to communicate with various levels of organizations to gain relevant information
- Advanced writing skills to draft reports, backgrounders, presentations and briefs
- Uses tact, judgement and diplomacy in formulating external requests for information
- Experience in planning and providing recommendations on complex issues
- Experience in reviewing and analysing current and relevant stakeholder information that may impact the CMPA
- Experience working effectively in a team environment to achieve organizational goals
- Proven ability to work independently, possessing good judgement, and initiative to set and achieve challenging goals
- Excellent computer skills for work processing, presentation, and research
- Sound problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and familiarity with the healthcare system is desired
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to 2 on-site fitness centres. Please forward your résumé by 4:00pm on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 quoting posting #17-074 to firstname.lastname@example.org.