Your patients, your practice: Practical tips for safe care
These evening events provide physicians with practical advice to identify and minimize medical-legal risk while improving patient safety.
As an attendee, you will be able to:
- Learn from actual medical-legal cases
- Gather tips on managing risk in your practice from CMPA physician advisors and local legal counsel who work with the CMPA
- Earn CPD credits
Dates and locations
Oct 16, 2018
Sofitel Montréal Golden Mile
Questions? Contact email@example.com
- To be added to the waiting list
- If a registration link is not yet available
- To register as a non-member (include the event type, date, and city.)
The cost to attend this session is $40, plus applicable taxes, for all CMPA members. There is no cost for resident physicians.
5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Registration and buffet dinner (included)
6:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Hit the target: Tips to prevent diagnostic delays or misdiagnosis Learning objectives
Electronic record keeping: Pitfalls to avoid Learning objectives
- Describe medical-legal risks associated with diagnostic errors
- Name 3 common issues seen in CMPA cases involving diagnostic issues
- Identify 3 strategies for reducing your medical-legal risk with cases involving a challenging diagnosis
- Identify common pitfalls and medical-legal risks associated with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Describe 3 strategies to mitigate these risks
7:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m
8:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.
Part 2 Spotlight on medication safety Learning objectives
Q & A session
- Describe medical-legal risks associated with medication use
- Discuss 2 high-risk medication issues
- Formulate an action plan to minimize medication-related harm in your practice
- Get answers to your medical-legal questions from CMPA physician advisors and legal counsel
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 3 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CMPA for up to 3 MOC credits.
You may also be interested in ...
Join other physicians to learn about better management of test results.
An interactive day for resident physicians to focus on patient safety and reducing medical-legal risks.