Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behavior
The increased pressures of clinical practice today including the pandemic have significantly impacted physicians and other healthcare professionals. To help you develop knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within your healthcare teams, CMPA offers Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour.
This is a comprehensive program that supports healthcare managers and leaders, and those who wish to grow into leadership positions, in recognizing and addressing unprofessional behaviour.
Key elements of the program
- Understanding of how behaviour impacts healthcare safety.
- Understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture.
- Review and application of policies and procedures relating to unprofessional behaviour from one’s own practice setting.
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
Ten hours offered as five 2-hour sessions delivered over the course of five weeks.
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviors
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to safe patient care
College of Family Physicians of Canada
This 3-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 48 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 16 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec
Ce programme se qualifie pour une demande d’accréditation à la FMOQ pour 16 heures de formation reconnues.
Note: In addition to this virtual open enrollment workshop, CMPA can offer the Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour course to your organization. You may request a session now.
- Time (2hr workshop)
- Feb 21 (Tues) – March 28 (Tues), 2023
- 3pm ET (12pm PT, 1pm MT, 2pm CT, 4pm AT, 4:30pm NT)
- Register now
- April 13 (Thu) – May 18 (Thu), 2023
- 4pm ET (1pm PT, 2pm MT, 3pm CT, 5pm AT, 5:30pm NT)
- Register now
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]