Regular, Full time
Level 8 (minimum $64,794; mid-point $77,753; control point $84,233)
As a key member of the Finance team, the financial analyst is responsible for the oversight and performance of various areas of financial analysis and reporting including: standard quarterly management reporting and variance analyses, account reconciliations, budgeting, forecasting, and coordination of year-end financial statements, working papers and audit activities.
In addition, the analyst is responsible for fostering partnerships with the senior management team through the provision of professional and proactive financial and budgeting advice and guidance.
While developing financial analysis and reporting, the analyst often works closely with the Business Intelligence team to confirm logic and understanding, determine most appropriate data source and location and validate data pulls. The analyst will also actively participate in the design, configuration and implementation of new accounting systems as well as related business process changes and development of new procedures.
- Compile information, statistics, and conduct ad-hoc analysis for the CFO, Director, Manager, Supervisor and Senior Management/Budget Officers.
- Work closely with the various internal teams (Business Intelligence, Actuarial and Investments) to convey reporting requirements, determine relevant datasets, validate data, develop analysis and generate polished reports.
- Generation of financial reports throughout the year (Financial Synopsis for Audit Committee, Executive Management report for Senior Management and annual financial snapshot).
- Prepare quarterly report for Senior Management and Council.
- Participate in the preparation of the financial report section of the Annual Report, including drafting management commentary, verifying and proof reading all copy, and advising on print and web design.
- Prepare year-end working papers and financial statements, and compile the complete audit binder.
- Review and provide oversight of staff complement for internal client groups, ensuring compliance with budgeted full time equivalent (FTE) and headcounts. Generate Association-wide salary budgets and forecasts.
- Consolidate departmental budgets and provide corporate summaries for senior management review, including analysis of major budget changes.
- Provide support and backup as necessary to other team members for the oversight of accounting for subsidiary company activities and the annual budget and quarterly reports.
- Collaborate in departmental meetings and inter-departmental committees and projects as required.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a specialized field (i.e. B.Comm)
- 6 to 8 years of related experience
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Expert skills in Excel
- Extensive knowledge of large financial applications, including system administration functions (PeopleSoft preferred)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client service skills; ability to present financial information to stakeholders within Association
- Ability to interact with Senior Management team
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Accounting designation is preferred
- Knowledge of Cognos toolsets
- Experience with query and reporting tools
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of academic and professional qualifications.
- We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Accessibility in the Workplace: The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, including those with disabilities, by striving to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package as well as access to 2 on-site fitness centres. Please forward your résumé by 4:00pm on Thursday, February 11, 2016 quoting posting #16-009 to email@example.com.