Request an education session
As one of Canada’s largest providers of continuing professional development, the CMPA addresses the educational needs of physicians to help them improve their practices and to provide safe medical care through the continuum of their careers. We provide practice improvement education for physicians in practice and physician leaders. The CMPA provides resources to help manage risk and contribute to safe medical care.
For your request to be considered, please ensure that:
- You have consulted our website as one of our existing workshops may fulfill your needs
- Request forms are submitted at least 6 months in advance of the planned session
- All fields on the request form are filled
- The request is sponsored by a CMPA member
There is no cost for a CMPA presenter to speak at your event; education sessions are a benefit to CMPA members. However, the requester is responsible for any costs associated with hosting their event (i.e. meeting room, catering, or audio-visual equipment). Not all requests can be fulfilled, and we will endeavor to respond to your request within a 2-week period.
Commonly Requested Topics
- Informed consent
- Patient-centred communication skills and managing challenging patient encounters
- Team communication and collaboration: improving psychological safety and situational awareness
- Safe delegation and supervision
- Improving handover communication
- Virtual care considerations
- Test results follow-up
- Diagnostic decision-making
- Documentation best practices
- Disclosure of patient safety incidents (accidents in Quebec)
If your group/team/organization has concerns not listed above, we may be able to accommodate other topics which can be specified in the request.
Request a session
For more information, please email [email protected]