Annual Meeting and Conference
CMPA Annual Meeting and Conference 2019
August 14, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2
Register now! Limited seats remain!
Unable to attend in person? Watch a live webcast of the annual meeting and the information session. Just sign in using your member number and password. No registration required.
New full day format!
Announcing the all-new CMPA Annual Meeting and Conference, with expanded risk management and educational sessions, including a keynote presentation and question period on artificial intelligence in healthcare. View the agenda [PDF] and speaker bios [PDF]. [CPD credits available]
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. ET
Welcome and breakfast
9:00 - 12:00 p.m. ET
Test Results Follow-Up - Is no news good news? Build a more reliable follow-up system for test results
The Association is pleased to offer members an interactive, hands-on workshop designed to help physicians who are looking to build a reliable follow-up system for test results in their practice.
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. ET
1:00 - 2:15 p.m. ET
- President’s report
- Report of the Audit Committee
- 2018 Financial report
- 2020 Aggregate fees by region
- 2019 Council election results
- Q&A for members
- CEO’s remarks
2:15 - 2:30 p.m. ET
2:30 - 4:00 p.m. ET
Artifical Intelligence (AI) in healthcare
Join Drs. David Naylor and Hartley Stern for a discussion on artificial intelligence in healthcare.
Dr. David Naylor
Professor of Medicine and President Emeritus, University of Toronto
Dr. Hartley Stern
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Canadian Medical Protective Association
4:00 - 4:30 p.m. ET
In accordance with its By-law, the CMPA holds an annual meeting. Attendance at the meeting is generally restricted to members and invited guests.
Planning to attend? A few things you may want to know
- Pre-registration is required for those attending in person. Registration closes August 6, 2019. Onsite registration available, space permitting.
- Simultaneous English/French translation will be available and all documentation will be provided in both official languages.
- Presentations and documentation provided at the meeting will be posted on this website.
- The meeting will be recorded by video, audio, and photography. Attendance at the meeting and conference will constitute consent to potentially appear in these media.
- The afternoon sessions will be available via live webcast for CMPA members and will also be posted on the CMPA website within 5 business days.
- It is prohibited, without authority of the CMPA, to record any portion of the annual meeting or conference portion of the event (including presentations, supporting audiovisual material, posters, and displays), whether by video, audio, photography, or any other mechanism.
- The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of all its members, including those with disabilities. Please contact us prior to the meeting if you have any accessibility needs.
How to initiate a motion for consideration at a CMPA Annual Meeting
Members who wish to initiate a motion at an upcoming annual meeting are governed by rules and procedures, ensuring a consistent and fair process.
If you would like to bring forward a motion for consideration, complete and sign the Notice of Motion form and Member Support for Notice of Motion form and submit to the CMPA via fax, mail, or personal delivery, or send a scanned PDF file via email to email@example.com at least 60 days prior to the annual meeting. Members are encouraged to contact us for further information or to discuss a draft motion prior to submitting it.
2018 CMPA Annual Meeting
August 22, 2018
Have questions or need more information? Contact us.