2021 CMPA Annual Meeting and Education Session
Please join us—August 16, 2021
CMPA members are invited to attend the virtual 2021 CMPA Annual Meeting and Education Session.
August 16, 2021 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. ET
No cost for CMPA members
Don’t miss the education session titled,
Diagnostic decisions: Interventions for safer diagnoses.
What to expect
Annual Meeting 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET
Our presenters will bring you CMPA highlights including: remarks from the CEO, Dr. Lisa Calder; 2021 Council Election results; report from the President, Dr. Michael Cohen, and more!
Education Session 2:45 – 4:30 p.m. ET
Topic: Diagnostic decisions: Interventions for safer diagnoses
Earn MOC Section 1 and Mainpro+ credits
In this accredited session featuring case-based scenarios, CMPA medico-legal experts will guide you through practical approaches to reduce the risk of harm associated with diagnostic decision-making.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 1.75 Mainpro+ credits. This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by The CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 1.45 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Full agenda and supporting materials
1 - 2:30 p.m. ET
- Opening remarks and call to order
- President’s report
- 2020 Report of the Audit Committee
- 2020 Financial report
- 2022 Aggregate fees by region
- 2021 Council election results
- Q&A for members
- CEO’s remarks
2:45 - 4:30 p.m. ET
Diagnostic decisions: Interventions for safer diagnoses
- Introduction and clinical scenarios (60 minutes)
- Question and answer period (40 minutes)
At the conclusion of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- List specific practices that reflect reasonable diagnostic decision-making
- Describe practical strategies that support safer diagnostic assessments
- Discuss the importance of enhancing team communication in promoting safer diagnostic decisions
A few things you may want to know
- The virtual Annual Meeting and Education Session will be recorded. Your attendance will constitute consent to potentially appear in this media.
- The CMPA is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members. Members with accessibility needs are asked to please contact the Association in advance of the meeting.
- The recorded webcast from the annual meeting and education session will be posted on the CMPA website within 10 business days.
- It is prohibited, without authority of the CMPA, to record any portion of the annual meeting or education session portion of the event (including presentations, supporting audiovisual material, posters, and displays), whether by video, audio, photography, or any other mechanism.
How to initiate a motion for consideration at a CMPA Annual Meeting
Members who wish to initiate a motion at an upcoming annual meeting are governed by rules and procedures, ensuring a consistent and fair process.
If you would like to bring forward a motion for consideration, complete and sign the Notice of Motion form and Member Support for Notice of Motion form and submit to the CMPA via fax, mail, or personal delivery, or send a scanned PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 60 days prior to the annual meeting. Members are encouraged to contact us for further information or to discuss a draft motion prior to submitting it.
Have questions or need more information? Contact us.