Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour
The increased pressures of clinical practice today including the pandemic have significantly impacted physicians and other healthcare professionals. To help you develop knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within your healthcare teams, CMPA offers Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour.
This is a comprehensive program that supports healthcare managers and leaders, and those who wish to grow into leadership positions, in recognizing and addressing unprofessional behaviour.
Key elements of the program
- Understanding of how behaviour impacts healthcare safety.
- Understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture.
- Review and application of policies and procedures relating to unprofessional behaviour from one’s own practice setting.
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviors
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to safe patient care
A total of sixteen (16) hours of learning time.
Twelve (12) hours of synchronous online session time over six (6) weeks.
- 6, 2-hour synchronous online sessions
Four (4) hours of homework.
This 3-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 48 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 16 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Ce programme se qualifie pour une demande d’accréditation à la Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec pour 16 heures de formation reconnues.
NOTE: There is a high-demand for these workshops and we want to provide as much opportunity as possible for a variety of members to join. Please be intentional with your registration and only register for one workshop at a time. Please note that you are expected to attend all 6 sessions.
- Time (2hr workshop)
- August 23 (Wed), 2023
August 30 (Wed), 2023
September 6 (Wed), 2023
September 20 (Wed), 2023
September 27 (Wed), 2023
October 4 (Wed), 2023
- 3pm ET (12pm PT, 1pm MT, 2pm CT, 4pm AT, 4:30pm NT)
- Registration closed
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]