Advanced Diagnostic Reasoning
Am I missing something? Shift your mindset to optimize your diagnostic approach
Designed for physicians looking to sharpen their diagnostic approach, this workshop explores skills and behaviours to help you identify situations associated with a higher incidence of diagnostic decision-making errors and act to prevent them.
The strategies covered in this workshop will help participants:
- identify and address information gaps;
- raise and maintain situational awareness; and
- enhance decision-making and safety of care.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify information gaps in diagnostic case scenarios.
- Justify the importance of clinical documentation as evidence of sound diagnostic decision-making.
- Define situational awareness and its role in diagnostic decision-making.
- Discuss strategies to safeguard diagnostic decision-making and raise situational awareness.
- Formulate a personal action plan to optimize diagnostic decision-making.
This 2-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 6 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 3 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
To be announced in Fall 2021.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org