Effective Team Interactions
This workshop is currently undergoing a comprehensive review aimed at better meeting our members’ needs. Workshop dates will be released this summer. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Overview: interactive multi-session course
The Effective Team Interactions course provides practical strategies for effective communication in a team environment. Participants will be equipped with skills that ensure clearer interactions between healthcare colleagues to reduce risk and improve patient safety.
Key program elements
- Taught by experienced faculty
- Highly interactive and practical
- Team communication in the context of safe patient care
- Psychological safety
- Active listening and assertive communication skills
- Situational awareness
- Identify opportunities for teams to implement psychological safety
- Demonstrate effective use of one structured communication tool to share information accurately, clearly, and efficiently within a healthcare team
- Demonstrate assertive communication approaches for addressing healthcare safety concerns
- Develop a clear and actionable change plan to improve team communication
A total of twelve (12) hours of learning time
Eight (8) hours of synchronous online session time over four (4) weeks
- 4, 2-hour synchronous online sessions
Four (4) hours of homework
This 3-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 36 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is an Accredited Simulation Activity (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 12 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Ce programme se qualifie pour une demande d’accréditation à la Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec pour 12 heures de formation reconnues.
NOTE: There is a high-demand for these workshops and we want to provide as much opportunity as possible for a variety of members to join. Please be intentional with your registration and only register for one workshop at a time. Please note that you are expected to attend all 4 sessions.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]