Faculty development workshops
The faculty development workshops are intended for teaching faculty, program directors, and other individuals involved in postgraduate medical education. These workshops complement the CMPA Resident Symposium, with the goal of supporting residents as they develop lifelong competencies that promote safe medical care.
Value of the workshops for faculty
- Learn how to help residents achieve patient safety-related CanMEDS competencies
- Access tools and resources that support faculty in teaching medical-legal topics
- Have your medical-legal questions answered by experts from the CMPA
Registration and reception (appetizers and refreshments included)
- List the top three themes identified from CMPA medical-legal files involving residents
- Describe at least one key message from each of the following CMPA Resident Symposium workshops:
- Informed consent
- Disclosure of harm
- Teamwork and delegation
- Identify at least one strategy to support and sustain skills acquisition in your residency program
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CMPA for up to 2.0 MOC credits.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 2 Mainpro+ credits.
There is no cost to attend this event.
Dates and locations (2019)
To be announced soon.
Access a list of additional resources for the topics presented at the Resident Symposium.
Contact email@example.com to:
- be added to the waiting list for a session that is full
- enquire regarding a registration link that is not yet available
- register as a non-member (include the event type, date, and city)
- request additional information
You may also be interested in ...
An interactive day for resident physicians to focus on patient safety and reducing medical-legal risks.