Faculty Development Workshop
The Faculty Development Workshop is intended for teaching faculty, program directors, and other individuals involved in postgraduate medical education. It complements the CMPA Patient Safety Primer: medico-legal essentials for residents virtual workshop, with the goal of supporting residents as they develop lifelong competencies that promote safe medical care.
Value of the workshop for faculty
- Learn how to help residents achieve patient safety-related CanMEDS competencies
- Access tools and resources that support faculty in teaching medico-legal topics
- Have your medico-legal questions answered by experts from the CMPA
- List the top three themes identified from CMPA medico-legal files involving residents
- Describe at least one key message from each of the following topics:
- Informed consent
- Disclosure of a patient safety incident ('accident' in Québec)
- Teamwork and delegation
- Identify at least one strategy to support and sustain skills acquisition in your residency program
This 1-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 2.25 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 2.25 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Spots are limited. Please only register for one date.
- Time (2.5 hr workshop)
- Nov 11 (Fri), 2022
- 1pm ET (10am PT, 11am MT, 12pm CT, 2pm AT, 2:30pm NT)
- Registration Closed
- Dec 1 (Thu), 2022
- 12pm ET (9am PT, 10am MT, 11am CT, 1pm AT, 1:30pm NT)
- Register now
Dates and times subject to change. More dates to be added throughout 2022.
Access a list of additional resources for the topics presented at the CMPA Patient Safety Primer: medico-legal essentials for residents workshop.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]