Teaching Patient Safety Fundamentals: A workshop for medical educators
NOTE: Workshop Name Change!
Announcing the Teaching Patient Safety Fundamentals: A workshop for medical educators (formerly known as the Faculty Development Workshop).
Please NOTE that although the name has changed, the content, learning objectives, and goals of the workshop remain the same.
The Teaching Patient Safety Fundamentals: A workshop for medical educators is intended for teaching faculty, program directors, and other individuals involved in postgraduate medical education. It complements the CMPA Patient Safety Primer: medico-legal essentials for residents virtual workshop, with the goal of supporting residents as they develop lifelong competencies that promote safe medical care.
Value of the workshop for faculty
- Learn how to help residents achieve patient safety-related CanMEDS competencies
- Access tools and resources that support faculty in teaching medico-legal topics
- Have your medico-legal questions answered by experts from the CMPA
- List the top three themes identified from CMPA medico-legal files involving residents
- Describe at least one key message from each of the following topics:
- Informed consent
- Disclosure of a patient safety incident ('accident' in Québec)
- Teamwork and delegation
- Identify at least one strategy to support and sustain skills acquisition in your residency program
This 1-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 2.25 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 2.25 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Spots are limited. Please only register for one date.
- Time (2.5 hr workshop)
- May 30 (Tue), 2023
- 12pm ET (9am PT, 10am MT, 11am CT, 1pm AT, 2:30pm NT)
- Registration closed
Dates and times subject to change.
Access a list of additional resources for the topics presented at the CMPA Patient Safety Primer: medico-legal essentials for residents workshop.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]