2023 Council elections
Each year approximately one-third of CMPA Council positions are scheduled for nomination and election. Any practising CMPA member in an Area and Division with position(s) scheduled for nomination and election may seek nomination.
Key dates and activities
September 30, 2022
Deadline for submissions for consideration by the Nominating Committee
February 15, 2023
Deadline for receipt of nominations from the membership
January 11, 2023
Release of the Report of the Nominating Committee - slate of candidates proposed by Committee
March 22, 2023
Online voting opens for members in areas where elections are required
April 26, 2023
Online voting ends
August 14, 2023
Election results announced at the CMPA Annual Meeting
In 2023, 9 council positions are scheduled for nomination and election in the following Areas and Divisions*.
- Area 1 (British Columbia and Yukon): 1 position in Division B
- Area 2 (Alberta): 1 position in Division A or B
- Area 5 (Ontario): 1 position in Division A and 1 position in Division B
- Area 6 (Québec): 1 position in Division A and 1 position in Division B
- Area 8 (Nova Scotia): 1 position in Division A or B
- Area 9 (Prince Edward Island): 1 position in Division A or B
- Area 10 (Newfoundland and Labrador): 1 position in Division A or B
Who we are looking for
The CMPA seeks and values diversity among Council members. A wide range of perspectives and opinions promotes effective governance and is vital to the CMPA’s ability to respond to the complex, multi-stakeholder environment in which it operates.
We aim for a strong Council committed to equity and diversity where the experience of each member combines to collectively meet the needs of the Association. Our Council aims to reflect diversity across characteristics such as gender, age, sexual orientation and gender identity, ethnicity and race, as well as within medical professionals and representation from the entire country.
The CMPA is therefore seeking a diverse pool of candidates for nomination to Council for 2023. We invite and encourage submissions from members from all backgrounds, who feel they can make a unique and valuable contribution to Council.
To become a CMPA Council member
- Read about who we are looking for and your role on Council.
- Learn about the nomination and election process, and the documents you need to submit.
- Complete and submit all required material by the posted deadlines.