2018 Council elections
Proposed Candidates - 2018 Report of the Nominating Committee
The CMPA Nominating Committee has proposed the following candidates for the 11 CMPA council positions that are scheduled for nomination and election in 2018.
- Area 1 (British Columbia and Yukon): Dr. Michael Curry
- Area 1 (British Columbia and Yukon): Dr. J. David R. Naysmith
- Area 3 (Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories and Nunavut): Dr. Susan L. Hayton
- Area 4 (Manitoba): Dr. Paul N. Ratanaseangsuang (Ratana)
- Area 5 (Ontario): Dr. Robert Cooper
- Area 5 (Ontario): Dr. Alexander C. Barron
- Area 5 (Ontario): Dr. Gerard P. Craigen
- Area 5 (Ontario): Dr. Michael J. Odell
- Area 6 (Québec): Dr. Jean-Hugues Brossard
- Area 6 (Québec): Dr. Isabelle Girard
- Area 6 (Québec): Dr. Patrick Trudeau
- Table: all candidates proposed by the Nominating Committee
Proposed candidates may include incumbent members of council seeking re-election.
Council positions scheduled for nomination and election in 2018
In 2018, 11 council positions are scheduled for nomination and election in the following Areas and Divisions*:
- Area 1 (British Columbia and Yukon): 1 position in Division A and 1 position in Division B
- Area 3 (Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories and Nunavut): 1 position in Division A or B
- Area 4 (Manitoba): 1 position in Division A or B
- Area 5 (Ontario): 1 position in Division A and 3 positions in Division B
- Area 6 (Québec): 3 positions in Division B
*Visit Understanding council elections for information on Divisions A and B.
Key dates and activities
- CLOSED October 19, 2017 – Deadline for submissions for consideration by the Nominating Committee
- NEW January 10, 2018 - Release of the Nominating Committee’s slate of proposed candidates
- COMING SOON February 14, 2018 - Deadline for receipt of nominations from members
- March 21, 2018 – Online voting opens for members in areas where elections are required
- April 25, 2018 - Online voting ends
- August 22, 2018 - Election results are announced at the CMPA Annual Meeting
Members interested in one of the 11 council positions scheduled for nomination and election can still be nominated by the membership-at-large.
- The deadline for nominations is February 14, 2018.
Material required to seek nomination
Members interested in being nominatied by the membership-at-large must submit the material detailed in the Candidate Information Guide [PDF]. Required information includes:
- 2018 nomination form for election to CMPA council [PDF]
- Including the names and signatures of 10 supporting members who reside in the same geographical area as the nominee
- Curriculum vitae template [DOC]
- Candidate statement
- Colour photo
Please note: The CMPA does not edit or make changes to any information candidates provide as part of the nomination process. Candidates own the content they provide and are solely responsible for content accuracy, format and quality of their material.
Visit Understanding council elections to learn more about the council nomination and election process.